Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nudes, Eagles, Sea Lions, Flowers and Fruit, the Family Tree








Well, while I have been busily working away on my giant eagle project for this year’s Apple Blossom Parade, Martha has been busy making more beautiful nude sculptures out of clay at home and working with the kids at one of the local schools in town on a Flower and Fruit project. The kids had a great time and made some really nice artwork that they were really proud of.





Martha, also, did a tree mural inside the home of a local family which they intend to use as a means of displaying photos of members of their Family Tree. What a nice idea. They really liked it and it should serve the intended purpose quite well. I think one or more of the family members may be interested in taking some art lessons down the line.

And, along the lines of Martha’s art classes and such, we worked on and developed a flier for the upcoming Playback Theater project that she and her good friend Susan Evans are putting together. I still need to make the flier for the art class she will be teaching at the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center in May… I better get on that.


For me, having installed the Seal and Diver sculptures at Orca Scuba Center, our local dive shop, I got the bug to get back in the water.  So, I worked on my dry suit so as to be able to make it out on the boat with all my dive buddies. 

The guys have really missed my company over the past year while I have been working on so many art projects and writing so many art blogs and sadly not diving. As it was I still needed to borrow a dry ‘dry suite’ as mine still leaks.


But, make it I did and it turned out to be good for ‘research’ on my eagle project as well, as I saw a number of them and got some pics of one seated atop a rocky atoll in the San Juan Islands.



Our skipper Phil Jensen did a great job of getting us in close to some sea lions also on this rocky atoll where I got some good stills and some video of them which I posted on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKdJKFCJOA&list=UUNvpiC1XcVKVH-EiXJCMCsA&index=1&feature=plcp  .


I got a number of great pics while out on the boat... too many to put in one blog, but some I think I need to print and frame a few of these new nature photos.









On the way back from Anacortes we made astop to get some more art viewing in... ok we really stopped to eat.But as it turned out they had some art on display at the pub in Mount Vernon where we ate. They even had some cool looking chalk art there.




Well, enough for now and back to work on that eagle, Apple Blossom is a coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment