Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earthday / Birthday, Recycled Art, Dancing Zebra Show and Cutie Pie Portrait








Well, while Martha has been in Texas enjoying the grand kids and having a Happy B-Earthday, I have busily working away at our various art projects, submitting apps for shows and securing her another art show.

As to the art projects, I created pedestals for the giant tropical birds she and the other members of the Embracing Cultures Parade Float Project have created and rebuilt the pedestal for my giant steel eagle.  Earlier in the week, I did a little research online to find a place that sold fire retardant for the birds as that is required for the parade. Luckily I found a site that sold it and we will be in compliance in time for the parade on the first weekend of May.

And, as I write this the salmon I made from Styrofoam and paper Mache which the eagle will clutch in its claws is drying in the sun and I will finish painting it and install it as soon as it’s dry.

Next a rocky crag above a river just under the eagle as it comes in for a landing fish in claw. I’m so happy with how this project is coming.

During the week, I submitted our forms to part of this year’s Icicle Arts Recycled Art Show. Our giant birds are made from 90% reused and recycled materials and will make great entries I think for the show. Wish us luck in the judging.




And, now that I’m thinking about it another organization wants Martha to donate a piece for a good cause out in Yakima… now where is the email with the info on that… I might be starting lose it. Oh well, I’ll find it and get something to them.


 Also, this week I learned of an individual who was seeking art by Hispanic artists for a gallery show later this year. So, I updated Martha’s artist resume and history of exhibits and sent it off along with some photos to Juan Alonso. We shall see what comes of it.









Meanwhile, Gary Doan the owner of the NuArt Gallery in east Wenatchee got back with me about having an exhibit of Martha’s Dancing Zebra and some other newer painting in his gallery and asked that I install early this week. You betcha Gary
And, now it’s time to get back to that Salmon. But before that I think it's time I get started on painting a portrait of this little cutie.





No comments:

Post a Comment