Monday, November 5, 2012

Beautiful 'Young Woman' 3D Light and Rod and Martha on TV


 

 

 
 
 
 
Well, it’s been a full week for art and art projects for Rod and Martha.

Last week on October 31st Halloween Day we were guests on a local talk show at KWCC TV hosted by Laura Herrera. It was a lot of fun and we were able to talk about the upcoming First Friday reception at the Two Rivers Gallery where we are showing and the various art events and shows we are involved with and to show some of our art. All in all it was a good and entertaining TV. Or, so my friends who watched attested to.

A couple of times during the week I went on over to the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center to get photos of the staff there putting up the Lightening Fires photo exhibit in which I had five photos of the September Fires which presented some unusual photographic opportunities for a good number of local photographers. One of my photos of the firemen in the exhibit had also been picked up by some news agencies and was on Yahoo news from what I was told.

Friday was the opening at both the museum and the gallery.  Our artwork was well received at the gallery. I went to the reception at the museum early before the crowd so can only hope my photos were appreciated. I suspect they were. Visitors to Two Rivers really loved Martha’s ‘Blonds and Penguins’ and her ‘Young Woman’. Both are acrylic on 40 x 40 canvases.

There was a bit of buzz as well around my abstract digital photo art. One ‘Cascadian Collage’ was a multi  stage process starting with a photo of the art deco upper floors of an old hotel, the Cascadian  in Wenatchee, which I had then altered using several filters in Photoshop. I had then printed several copies of it on plain paper and manually cut and pasted them together forming a unique pattern. Then, having attached them to a board I photographed the design, I put it back into Photoshop and used the liquid paint brush function to finish the piece as it was finally printed and framed. It was a lot of work, but it turned out pretty well and I found that other artists were most interested in it and how I did it. My ‘Great Idea’ three dimensional looking light photo was similarly of interest to others especially other photographers. I was asked a few times to describe how I created the ‘The Begining’ digital painting from a photograph, which was fun to explain as well. Who knows maybe a sale will come the week after First Friday to one of these viewers as has happed before.

Saturday, Martha was invited to show some of her art a local church fund raiser. She sold a few cards and prints and had a good time painting three water colors while she was there.

And, while Martha was painting, socializing and selling art at the church, I decided to get out into the hills for a fall hike and to get some photos. This was my first opportunity to get out into the hills all season and to try out the panorama function on my new camera. It was a good day to be out and about. I got some shots of an owl flying low to the ground a large bird of prey flying high and several deer working their way up a hillside and of course a few of those panoramic shots. I’m thinking some more trips up into the hills may be called for.

 
And, while I took a break from photography and art on Sunday, Martha was working on several new oils in the upstairs studio, one of which will be a variation on the ‘Flowering Consciousness’ theme as in Martha’s signature piece by that name. This one should be fun to follow and see how it turns out when it is done as will the mother and child water color.

 
 
Well, enough for now as soon I will need to go to a fund raising luncheon for ‘The Arts on the Avenue’ at our local Golf and Country Club…. ahhh the work never ends, but then as Elbert Hubbard said, “Art is not a thing, it is a way”… and what a way it is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment