Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Liberty Art Sale, Party and Concert in the Woods and Fans in Europe


Well everyone I am happy to report that the trip to Liberty over the weekend was a great success. I took several of Martha’s small to medium sized oils and some prints, post cards and photos of my own. Several people bought cards and prints of her work and mine about evenly.
The place was gorgeous where the art sale and party was held.


I helped the host put up the new sign by Terry Johnson for the band Rusted Soul. The band was a lot of fun to watch, listen to and for me to video as well. So far, I have posted four videos of them playing on stage. It was great that they gave me complete access to video them up close and personal. So; I got some really good shots of their guitar work, keyboard action and hands beating on drums and percussion furiously. I did a few editing things in the final published movies which can be seen on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAdzEg2fYI&feature=relmfu. The videos have been getting viewed pretty well already. I even had a bit of a dialogue this morning online with someone in Holland who is watching the videos… cool!

This person in Holland is a fan of Tyler Farrar, the world class bike sprinter who won a stage of the Tour de France on the Fourth of July (the first American to do so), she saw and liked the photo I posted of
me standing in front of Tyler’s image on the new Fifth Street mural in Wenatchee. It’s seems that posing in front of the mural could become a thing for Tyler’s fans from around the world. She and her husband may now make a special side trip to Wenatchee on their next scheduled trip to the U.S., just to pose in front the mural…. What have I started???? She, also, liked my video of the bicycle First Friday Art Tour and really like my funny comments.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAdzEg2fYI&feature=relmfu

At the party, I also, took some nice stills of the grounds and
 the great bar the owner had built himself. There was a semi-risqué sign behind the bar (not shown here) painted by none other than again, Mr. Terry Johnson. He liked the shot when I showed a print of it to him and he thinks he’d like to make T-shirts from it. Some of the other shots could make good post cards for the owner.  Another young artist accompanied me to the sale/party and sold one of her pieces as well. She may like to join the gallery and start showing her stuff a bit more.

Last night there was an incredible light show in the sky… one of Wenatchee’s double sunsets.
Being as far north as we are, at times there is what appears to be a double sunset… one to the west as expected and one to the east as sunlight passes overhead and hits the clouds further to the east of us. Last night was one of those nights and I was fortunate enough to get a few decent photos of the effect. I may print up one or more of these for framing.

Meanwhile, the two new masks of Martha’s that I fired for her came out just fine.
I am thinking of glazing them for her, perhaps over at Terry Johnson’s studio and re -firing them for her before she comes back from Texas.  I’ll check with her on that this morning.

Well, enough for now… it’s time to get ready for an early morning bike ride before it gets too hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment