Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Martha Flores Studio Art Yard Sale on Sunday




Well, I can truly say that all things art are moving forward in a positive direction for Martha and I. Our weekend activities – my photographing and videotaping the
First Friday Bicycle Art Tour and publishing a  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAdzEg2fYI&feature=channel_video_title   Youtube movie of it went well. In fact the Wenatchee World is going to have an article this week about the movie I made and will include the link to the movie in the article.

Martha’s big focus of the weekend was the Day of El Salvador event at the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center. It went without a hitch… well other than the issues with the sound system and my camera, and there were lots of people with items from not only El Salvador, but several other Latin American Countries.

There was live entertainment as well . A young fellow who was only 15years old sang the National Anthem, which I got on video and will put on Youtube at some point, and he also played guitar and sang the Train song “Mary Me”.

 There was a Folkloric Dancer from Mexico and the Salvadorian food was great.

Martha recited three of her poems “Piel de Barro”, “Wenatchee” and “Help Me”. They were crying all the way back in the cheap seats... Ok, they’re all cheap seats; but you know what I mean.

Since then I have been blogging and finishing up the application submission materials for our Recycle Art Project for this Year’s Icicle Prize in Leavenworth. I got’r done and mailed it all off to Icicle Arts in Leavenworth this morning. And, I’m proud to say I rode my bike to and from the post office in keeping with the theme of ‘saving the earth’… OK - I just needed to kill two birds with one stone i.e. get my exercise and mail the application. But, I did the ride and it was worth it.

After that it off to Terry Signs, he was working on some new art work as usual, to pick up the sandwich board he lettered for us… Martha is doing her own graphics as it is for her Studio… The Martha Flores Studio. In fact, while I am writing this blog she is busy behind me

painting away on the new sign.

This is just in time as we are having our Three Artist Art Yard Sale this Sunday. This is something we have been planning since January and finally there was a window of opportunity to do it between all the other commitments we get ourselves into for everybody else but ourselves.
So; this Sunday August the 14th from 8am to 3pm at our home at 620 Skiview Dr. in East Wenatchee, we will be selling original

oils, water colors, prints, photos, fired ceramics and if we are luck maybe we’ll sell a bronze or two.  We really need to sell off some of this stuff so we will have room to create some more great art. We are even going to be selling some of the mass accumulation of framing materials that I acquired in California on my last drive down there.






While picking up the sign at Terry’s, we also picked up several of

 Terry’s creative pots for the Sale on Sunday, and as we were heading over to the Cashmere Arts and Activities Center, we took a few new glass pieces for Terry for the CAAC gallery.

Once at the Gallery at Cashmere we delivered Terry’s 
glass items and picked up Martha’s art from the last show and left the names and prices for the new works in this month’s show. And, of course while I was there I got some photos of the
 Charles Collins installation and of our art as it is exhibited for the show.  




No comments:

Post a Comment