Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Forest Nymph Masks and Dancing Lights






Well, it’s been a busy and fun few days of art activities.

On Sunday I finished wiring up a new photo piece of mine of the Orange Flowere and took it and  Martha’s and my art over to Two Rivers Gallery for the September show. It’s hard to believe that First Friday is upon us.  I still need to get some prints and cards over there as well.

Over the last few days, I put the finishing touches on the two masks that Martha made. I took them over to Terry Johnson’s Studio in Wenatchee where I took some new photos of a sign he made for an Antique shop. It was pretty cool. While there he let me use his under glazes to put the color to the faces and the foresty, flowery and butterfly like features of the two masks. Then, he let me have some clear glaze to put on them at home and gave me instructions on how to use them and fire them.

Having done so and having let them cool over night, I took them out of the kiln yesterday. They looked pretty good… no explosions or breaks… yeah!!! I took some pics and emailed them off to Martha who is still playing with the grand daughters in Texas. She liked them… Yahoo!!

Today, I sent a PDF with the art book I have been working on for Martha to my son in California who knows all about E-Publishing. We’ll see what he says. Hope he has time to look at it as he is in the middle of wedding planning… nah… I’m sure his fiancé and sister are handling all of that… he should have plenty-o-time.

On another note, I also sent some more pics off to the fellow in Liberty who bought 30 post cards I made from photos I took around his place at the art sale and Concert in the Woods the week before. He was planning to sell them over this past weekend at the Miners Rally up there.
I hope he did well with that and the selling of his guitar bird houses. These are pretty cool in themselves and yet another thing he sells to the tourists up there.

This morning I downloaded the photos I took yesterday up in Cashmere. I had no bike to ride in the morning as it is in the shop. So; to make good use of time, I headed up to Cashmere on the motorcycle… with camera, and took a bunch of photos of the art and surroundings around the museum there and of some other public art in the town and of horses up in the canyon. I’m hoping to find some buyers for post cards made from some of these like I did with the photos from the town of Liberty. We shall see.

 If nothing else, it was a fun adventure and I did take some good pics that could be made into nice framed prints if not post cards. Perhaps some of these could be placed at the gallery in Cashmere.  One thing I didn’t get that I really need to go back there for would be a better shot of the old General Store exhibit at the museum.
The angel I took the photos I have would have been perfect… except for the fact that just off to the left is some yellow do not cross tape and some hazard saw horses where they are doing some work. I’ll have to go back and get shots from a very different angle or wait till the work is done and retake the shots I have.

AI did another photo experiment I did a few nights ago. This involved some time laps photography that resulted in some very interesting nightlight cityscapes and some very colorful dancing lights a night. I’ll just have to put a pic or two here and let them speak for themselves.

My latest idea for the kiln involves the old glass light covers that used to be in the recessed lighting fixtures in our den. Those are the same fixtures that I got the chrome frames from for the recycled art piece which is presently at the O’Grady’s Pantry at the Sleeping Lady Lodge near Leavenworth. My idea is to set them one at a time over a stainless steal bowl heat it up and let them bend somewhat into the bowl, but not too much. I’ll try using some colored glass bits in them to create a nice colored pattern and some texture. We’ll see how it comes out. Wish me luck with that and the other things to come ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment