Thursday, September 29, 2011

Frieda Kahlo and Martha Flores Exhibits, Painting and Dancing and Making Movies

Well, While I have been out of town visiting kids and grand kids and other family and friends in So Cal., Martha has been busy busy busy with art and art activities back home… miss you baby.  Over the weekend she had guests from out of town that came to visit, stay the weekend at the house and pick up the artwork they had purchased awhile back.  These really nice folks live on the west side of the mountains and are thinking about opening their own gallery sometime… don’t know when. They really love Martha’s work.
During the week a surprise call came from some reps of the library in Quincy. They recalled Martha from years ago when she used to work out that way and once had a show at the library. Well, it seems that they saw her online… don’t know if it was the Martha’s Art House video, the video of her one woman show at the Performing Arts Center in Wenatchee or one or more of the blogs, but having seen her online and recalling her from her show there, they decided they would like to purchase one of Martha’s paintings for their permanent collection. They will be coming out to the house to look and buy art some time soon.
Today Martha has an early morning meeting at the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center regarding the need to set-up a board for the Embracing Cultures Group… the ones who put on the Day of El Salvador event at the museum awhile back that was so successful.  Then later today at about 4pm she will be heading over to the Spring Hills Suites Marriott Hotel. There she will be part of the ARTNIGHT event in which she will be painting live and dancing at the same time.  Wish I could see that. I hope someone gets some good pics and forwards them to me.  There will also be live music, hence the dancing while Martha paints, and local wine. Oh well, can’t be in two places at once and I wouldn’t miss this time with my granddaughters for anything.
And, speaking of my granddaughters, one of my artistic activities this week has been making a video of two of the girls dancing. My granddaughter Ciara got a Jasmine out fit for her birthday and promptly put it on and started doing interpretive dance moves and her older sister Alexandra, not to be out done, started doing some of her hip hop moves. It was fun to watch and to photograph. So; I decided to make a little movie and put some music to it and then posted it on Youtube.http://www.youtube.com/user/56Daut?ob=5#p/u/7/WNjBAfzgbyQ
Also, since I have been down here I went with my sister, her friends, my son and his fiancé to the Frieda Kahlo photo exhibit. The photos were by Nickolas Muray. The Opening Reception was Saturday, September 24th. We really enjoyed the exhibit and had a good night out on the town after.
And on a similar note my oldest son is planning to take me to the J. Paul Getty Museum this Saturday. I’m really looking forward to that, as I haven’t yet been to the new Getty Museum. I had been to the old museum in Malibu a few time and really enjoyed it. The new one is much bigger and grander by far. I can’t wait to see it. Hmm… maybe they would like to have a Martha Flores piece in their permanent collection…  You never know… right.
Well, enough for now. Enjoy the arts and the art of living.





No comments:

Post a Comment