Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Great Week IN CA

Well, it was a great week in Cali., with all the family, seeing and holding my new grandson Samy.  Sam and Marlene are going to be great parents for lil’ Samy. And, spending time with Tatiana and the girls was such a joy. Didn’t see enough of Deshano, but he’s doing what he needs to do - work, work and more work (I hear the theme to “Car Wash” in my head).
While there, and being all alone at night without Martha to keep me company, I worked on some more of my digital art with my computer… that is once I had it working right again (but that’s another story for another time).  Some of these are quite striking and will definitely warrant large scale printing and showing.
Also, while in CA I went to my son Rodney’s with the thumb drive containing Martha’s art book, such as it is, and got some helpful advise about self publishing. It is so good for an old guy like me to have knowledgeable kids that can help me learn how to do this technical stuff. With the help of my kids I am managing to get out in front of many of the folks my age and up that I know anyway as far as techi stuff like this. And, that being the case, I will pick back up with developing a marketing strategy for a good friend and artist here in town who makes great ceramic art.
Before I left I was able to pack up the forty picture frames (some quite large) that my son Austin had picked up for me from a Craig’s List seller in the OC. And, on my way back I picked up a 59 gallon wine barrel in Paso Robles for one of my other artistic endeavors…that is if you see wine making as an artistic endeavor...I do.








No comments:

Post a Comment