Thursday, March 10, 2011

Living Treasure

Busy busy busy at work on art production, promotion, management. Saturday Martha  along with Reed Carlson - a photographer from Leavenworth, was a judge for the High School Art Show being held at the Wenatche Valley Museum and Cultural Center for kids from several high schools. This coming Saturday they will present the awards to the winners. Sunday we had a  local artist Terry Johnson, who makes wonderfully creative pots and paints as well in his studio where he has run Terry's Signs from for thirty-five years, and his wife Karen over for dinner.  Terry is a hoot. Since then Martha has been busily working away up in her studio. I have been framing up more pictures downstairs and droping off fliers for this Saturdays Second Saturday opening at Cashmere Arts and Activity Center where I am the current featured artist. I have had meetings with the director of CAAC and attended the Cashmere City Council meeting Tuesday night along with Artie Bowman the director of CAAC as part of our effort to promote the gallery and get more involved in the community planning that will effect the gallery. This morning at 2am while I was reading the paper, I found an article mentioning that they were accepting nominations for the Living Treasure award in Wenatchee; so I spent the next few hours filling out the nomination form and writing the description of why I was nominating Martha for the award and collecting the supporting documents and news paper articles. We'll see how it goes. I think she's got a pretty good shot at it myself. Today I'll take it in to Wenatchee.




1 comment: