Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It Came Out of The Sky

Well, I have been working diligently on some new art. I have one that I am particularly endeavoring to ‘get right’. It has a lot of potential. The working title for now is “It Came Out of The sky”.  I am including an image of same in this blog…any comments would be accepted. On another artistic note, I took some seascape photos on my way back from Cali. the other day. Some of those look pretty good as well.
Meanwhile Martha is traveling to Texas to see the grand kids there.  At the same time I just opened the latest edition of the Eastmont Focus Insert in the Wenatchee World for March and found an article about the High School Art Show that Martha judged recently. Kudos to Petra Michael and Jordon Mayo of Eastmont High School.   Petra won best of show for her “Dog Duel” an interesting piece that screams out for a show  and looks like it could make for a great tattoo for someone who is into tattoos. Jorden got second place in the sculpture category for his piece titled “The Psychedelic Buddha” (great title too by the way). Both of these young artists will see their work go onto the State show in Olympia being held from April 8 through June 2.  Good luck to both of you.
Now back to working on Martha’s art book… hopefully I can get’r done before she comes back from Texas. That may not be possible; but I hope to make some serious headway in any case.










No comments:

Post a Comment