Tuesday, March 1, 2011

London Street Photo Festival , Terry Johnson and the Women's Resourse Center.

Well, today was a busy day indeed for Martha and Rod. First thing this morning, we loaded up the car with many of my photos and several of Martha's oil paintings and headed off to Lamolos to be there by 8am so we could get everythihg installed before they opened for the 11am lunch crowd.  When we got there, it turned out that there was a miscommunication. While Kasey arrainged with us to fill in as the March artist had not been able or ready to do the show, Zebb had made arraingements with someone else to do the show. Oh well, what can ya do. when we got back home I started working on a submission for photos for the London International Street Photography Festitival. I had to track down the correct photos to uses on three computers several thumb drives and my Maxto External hard drive which holds tons of phots that were backed up there before my computer hard drive fried on my desk top and my lap top had a software meltdown. Thank God I had bought the Maxtor and had backed up so much work. While working on that it came time to go back out with Martha to drop off some sculptures to be fired by friend and artist Terry Johnson of Terry's Signs. While there he was so kind as to give me a contact for a gallery in Bellingham and even greater than that by far, he GAVE yes I said GAVE Martha one of his Roku style Vasses that he makes. Martha, had simply commented as she looked at a catalogue of his work, how much she love his work and PUFF he said, "would you like one", and pulled one out and gave it to her. He has even offered to let us use his spaace there any time we need a place to work and get dirty. What a guy. We really like this guy and want to have him and his wife over for dinner. After leaving Terry's we went to the Women's Resourse Center, Martha needed to drop off a CD for them to use when Martha gives her Keynote speach this Thursday at the Convention Center. While she did that I went across the street to McDees Art supply and low and behold, there was Jan Theriault from Two Rivers Gallery doing a water color painting along with a group of other water colorists. We chatted and as we had needed to meet up with him at the gallery at noon any way to put the missing tags on the backs of our art works we took over there on Sunday, we just waited for him and went straight from there to the gallery. After having taken care of the errant or really missing tags, we came home, and I spent the rest of the day on the London Street Photo submission. Some of what took so long in that was that as I was looking for some very specific photos, I was finding all kinds of other stuff that I organized along the way, so that it will be easier to find photos on other themes later when I need them.


Come 5pm it was time to go work on Giant Puppets, but by then I wasn't as enthused about going out again. So; Martha went to work on puppets and she also needed to consult with Bill regarding the event coming up Saturday, which I think is maybe the Special Olympics. I feel bad a little bit right now that I'm not sure that that is what it is, as SO is this weekend, and Martha is involved with it, but that there is also something on Friday which I can't think of what it is just now.  Brain is turning to mush... must be working just too danged hard hahaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment