Monday, February 28, 2011

Gallery's pizza and computers....Yikes!



Well, my blogging has fallen behind as my laptop has been acting up. I just got it back to normal...hopefully it stays that way. We shall see. Since last I blogged Martha and I have been quite busy. Yesterday we took three pieces of art apiece to Two Rivers Gallery for the upcoming show. We were in a bit of a hurry to get several other pieces to the Cashmere Arts and Activity Center, that we forgot to put tags on the back of our work...oops. We did get an invite from Kasey who was working there to show at Lamolos this month, so we will be bringing some work over there tomorow morning.

While at CAAC we installed all the new art and changed the placements of all existing work. My work that was already there was moved up to the front area along with my new work as I am the Featured Artist for March and April. Martha's new pieces were placed right next to the work of Walter Graham the most famous artist from Eastern Washington , Idaho and Oregon. Artie the gallery director, is a gimp right now from surgery and so she was happily sitting around telling people what to do and how to do it...JK Artie... you are great. Sandra was, as always her right hand woman. It was a bit hullarious when I needed someone to take my picture for the the flier. It seemed that no one there but me is able to take a decent picture and I had to coach  first sandra  and then Martha in how to get a decent shot. Finally Martha got a couple of shots off that were more or less usable. After that, Martha and I worked pretty much as a team setting up our work. And, once we were done with our own work, I put Terry Johnson's work up on the Thank You wall where ones work goes after being the Featured Artist. Some of his stuff was not only large but quite heavy and needed to go up high.  But, I did it. About that time the pizza and beer arrived and it was time to relax a bit.

Today Martha worked on some painting upstairs in the studio, while I was slaving away at the office (poor me) seeing clients and trying to get this darn computer working right. Tomorow first thing in the morning we have to take artwork over to Lamolos and then go to the gallery and put those darned tags on the backs of our work.

Well, enough for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment