Monday, May 2, 2011

Grand Art Bike Tour of Wenatchee


Well, after the busy weekend with art and art projects, and with the Apple Blossom Grand Parade coming upon us this weekend, which means no more working weekends and some evenings on Giant Puppets YAHOO!!! ….  I can just hear a sigh of relief coming for Bill Rietvelt at the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center, I find myself wanting to go outside and get some sun. We had sun over the weekend, but now again it is cloudy… drat!  But, thinking spring and the arts I found myself looking at the poster for the Art on The Avenue  with map, I have had buried under a pile of papers on my desk… OK I admit it… the dining room table.  Martha is really going to be after me to get this stuff cleaned up, but that’s another story.
My thought was that now that it is supposedly getting warmer and sunnier, what a fun idea it would be to do a bike tour of all the sites around town where the Art on the Avenue Sculptures are located. Of course, it has been a long time since all the sculptures were just located on the Avenue…Wenatchee Avenue for those of you who are out of town or from out of town… here’s a shout out to my Canadian Blog readers. So, I am posting here some of the Art On The Avenue Poster… it’s really too big to get it all on the scanner. Anyone interested in doing the Grand Art Bike Tour of Wenatchee… hey, I just made up a new event heha!, send me an email, or contact by Facebook, telephone or any other way you know how to get a hold of me… Hey Jan, I mean Jan Lutz, this would be a great idea for the ‘Recess’ Bike group this season, don’t you think… Jan, George, Sue anybody out there interested.
But, for today, unfortunately, it looks to gloomy out….another day, and I think a little relaxation would be in mind after all the hard work I did installing art work yesterday. There is some great new art to see at the Cashmere Arts and Activity Center in Cashmere, I hope lots of you are able to come… hey you Canadians come on down for some warm (r) weather and some great art too.










No comments:

Post a Comment