Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Wenatchee World Blog " on the Cover of the Rollin Stone"




Well, Kudos for me. Tonight after a very full and busy day of blogging in the wee hours of the morning, hanging Martha’s art at the Performing Arts Center later in the morning, testing out the live feed capabilities of the wireless network at Two Rivers Gallery at noon, shipping a book TRG sold on Amazon at PAK-IT Rite after that and even doing a little politicking in the community and finally ughh… putting in floor tiles at one of our rentals, I came home and went straight out to get the evening paper and mail.
And, what did I find when I looked at the front page of the Wenatchee World??? A small print of the yellow truck photo I had featurted in my Arts In The Valey and Beyond Blog the other day. And there next to the photo was the headline “The full picture Youth artists of Cashmere and May gallery art changes”. And below that: “wenatcheeworld.com/weblogs.”  
Apparently they thought my blog that day was newsworthy enough to put the photo on the front page of the paper and to direct readers of the paper to my blog. It doesn’t mention my name. That would amount to a by line and I suppose I’d have to be paid or something… the real point was to direct people to read a worthwhile blog entry. I can’t recall ever seeing this done before… I hope a lot a people go to read the blog that haven’t read it before. Too bad I don’t get stats on the Wenatchee World Blog. I would really like to see how many people read it. I’m stoked. I feel like singing "I want my piture on the cover of the Rollin Stone"




2 comments:

  1. Rod,

    You will be getting analytics on the readership at the Wenatchee World blog very shortly. In the redesign we forgot to modify our tags so the last report under reported traffic. Doesn't make sense to send out wrong information. - Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Genie, I'm really looking forward to getting those stats. Thanks again

    Rod

    ReplyDelete