Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Musical Art, Sholarship and Martha at the Performing Art Center

Well, the day is fast approaching for Martha’s ‘Big Shoe’ … any one reading this old enough to know from where comes “The Big Shoe”…  Tomorrow at ten in the morning I’ll be taking three of Martha’s large paintings over to the Performing Arts Center for a month long exhibit there. The of course on Friday I’ll be taking even more of Martha’s paintings over there for First Friday and… what great timing for Martha to be at the PAC, for the entire Apple Blossom Weekend. YEAH!  What great exposure that will be for her work.  I hope lots of people come to see the art. We’ll see how many chose to come in from the out of doors during the Apple Blossom weekend.  I’m very excited to able to show her work there… everybody come and see the show. Ok as to the “Big Shoe” for those who couldn’t google it, didn’t know it or couldn’t recall it… it was how a certain long running variety show’s MC used to announce the beginning of the show… now does anyone get that.  
And we are also, soooo excited that the Grand Parade is finally upon us. This Saturday will be the unveiling of the Giant Puppets that I have written about so much. And, there will be, finally for everyone to see, the surprise puppet character that I have been sworn to secrecy about.  If I tell the special opps guys are to come and get me so, no disclosure here about that.
On another note, the prints from nations Photo Lab that I have been waiting for arrived yesterday, so as soon as I have a minute… OK, an hour or two, I will need to get those matted and framed. One of the photos is one that I have already spoken with the owner of one of the local music stores about buying. So, I need to do a perfect job of framing that up, take it over there and if I’m lucky make a sale. Wish me luck. I also, need to follow up with the owner and his wife of one of the local wine cellars about buying my framed photo ‘En Vino Veritas’.  Of course, the wife needs to approve as she is the one in charge of décor. Currently that piece is at the Cashmere Arts and Activities Center having just been moved there Sunday.
On another note still, I am hoping to introduce a young artist that I met at the Cascade Artist Luncheon yesterday to Terry Johnson of Terry signs and Ceramics for a possible intern placement in his studio.  Oh… and that reminds me, I need to get Terry’s post cards labeled and posted. The cards look great and all the errors have been corrected… hopefully they bring in some art buyers for Terry.
I just had a call from Artie Bowman with further updates on the luncheon yesterday…  after I left the luncheon yesterday the young man I just wrote of was awarded a scholarship from the Cascade Artists and more that I will write about tomorrow as I need to do some other work starting now.









No comments:

Post a Comment