Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bicycle Art Tour - Hot Foxes, Coyote Ugly and Sensuous Bronze


Well, it’s been an interesting couple of days for Rod and Martha’s art projects.  Martha has become a member of yet another gallery and has had meetings and luncheons with folks interested in her and her art over the past week.  As I write she has presented some more clay work from the local emergency housing program in town to be fired in the kiln. And, she has been working tirelessly on some new two dimensional and three dimensional work of her own. I can’t wait to see how they come out.

For me I have been all over the map… literally really. As for my ongoing projects … I attached some critical elements to my recycled materials art project. I’d say it’s almost done.  I’ve begun putting together the artwork for next year’s calendar featuring Martha’s art work. Some folks are already requesting orders.  This year’s calendar can be viewed online at: http://www.livestream.com/artnewsnetwork?t=199057  And, I am working on getting Martha’s art book together so, I can forward it to my son in California to help me publish it on amazon.com.  Some things, I just need help with when it come to all the new technology. It’s good to have kids young enough to know how to do stuff and old enough to have patience with their old dad and be able to help get things done.

Yesterday, after writing up a blog for the Wenatchee World online … Arts in the Valley and Beyond:    http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/weblogs/arts-in-the-valley-and-beyond/2011/jul/27/buggy-nights-saddle-rockn-art-and-art-knowledge/  
 I then headed out for my morning bike ride. But, I did something a little different. I took my camera with me and made a point of taking photos of a lot of the Art on the Avenue sculptures, that I hadn’t already photographed previously and some other public art as well.  It was a lot of fun. I got pictures of the Coyote Brings the Salmon sculpture by Richard Beyer which technically predates the Art on the Avenue project. I also, got a shot of myself in front of the new mural on fifth Street that features Tyler Farrar- local bicycling hero and first American to win a stage of the tour de France on the Fourth of July… go Tyler!

As I progressed to town I got shots of a lot of very interesting sculptures… some quirky, some sensuous, some sentimental and

some abstract. I went back and forth from the art along the Apple Capital Loop Trail (the loop) and the art up on and around Wenatchee Avenue (known locally as just “the Avenue”). There were plenty of great pieces around the Performing Arts Center and the sunken sculpture garden and waterfall area there as well as along the streets of Wenatchee. 

Riding around town, though, I discovered and in some cases rediscovered pieces around town that I haven’t, or at least not often, noticed.  Some pieces around the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center were small and or
tucked away that by just driving by as I often do; I really hadn’t taken notice of them before. The same can be said for the work in front of City hall.  Some of the work that I didn’t photo yesterday, I skipped as I had featured them in recent blogs. Others I just missed and may have to go back and photo later.
I got a picture of these three hot foxes
 and, this ugly coyote.
After I returned home, I made a short movie of my bicycle art tour and posted it on Youtube. Readers can view the movie at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSSn-RkIpjM&feature=channel_video_title  Bicycle Public Art Tour . Then it was off to
Amanda’s Book store to in Wenatchee, to pick up the large framed photo “String Theory”, that I have had on display there for a couple of months or more and hang-up another piece in its place.  Then it was off to Cashmere Arts and Activities Center in Cashmere of course to install the piece I “String Theory” and three other framed pieces.  Artie Bowman, was very pleased to see me and my work, as the
 Charles Collins work has not arrived yet from Taos, New Mexico and the wall were looking a little bare. Hopefully
the art will arrive in the next couple of days so we can get it installed. I Can’t wait for that myself.  

Well, it’s time to get that clay work in the kiln and get off to another bicycle adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment