Friday, February 18, 2011

Art Work Continues

Well, our art projects continue. The disk was finalized for the Robert Graves Gallery submission. If accepted Martha likely couldn't get a show till late next year. This I learned from director John Crue at the opening last  night for the current exhibit by Caryl Campbell. I won't review that opening here as I already did in the arts in the Valley and Beyond Blog through the Wenatchee World web site.
Myself I worked on reparing old frames and getting materials needed to convert some canvas frames to photo frames. The repairing intailed cleaning sanding, painting and in some cases mixing up plaser of paris and recreating designs in the plaster to match what had been on some very expensive large frames. The converting to photo frames involved mostly measuring and cutting plexiglass for the front openings of the frames. This done, I need to go through my digital stock of photos to see what coould go best with this particular frames, order custom prints and matts and get'r done.
Martha worked at the Two Rivers Gallery yesterday afternoon. When I picked her up, I got my first glance at the new canapy above the front entrance. It has been a long time a com'n for this, but it was finaly installed. Martha sold some art at the gallery and 'almost' sold one of my peices. The person who was looking and asking questions about "Parasil"  is also a photographer. It's a beautiful piece and I would like someone to buy it.
After I met Martha at the Two Rivers Gallery we went to the opening at the Robert Graves Gallery. On our way out we saw another exhibit, not part of the current show, that really impressed us. It was a case full of large African Sculptures carved from stone. Beautiful, and emotive.



No comments:

Post a Comment