Monday, February 14, 2011

Piel de Barro, chocolat and calandar

Well, through the end of the week Martha made much headway in working on the rewrites of the poetry/stories in her book Piel de Barro (Skin of Clay). she is nearly finished with that. When done, then I will need to do the work of putting it together with artwork and into a book format and publish on amazon.com. I think I need help from my son Rodney on that, as he has done this already with his self-publishe book on how to pass the SAT. Meanwhile I deseined and ordered 200 postcard with Martha artwork on them and we receive delivery of the calandars that I had ordered previously with 12 of Marthas painting featured. She was soooo happy when we received them, saying she had always wanted a calandar made with her artwork. They weren't oreder with the intent of being a Valentines present but they might as well have been... she was that happy about them. Saturday night we went to the Cashmere Art and Activity Center for the Devine Deserts tasting. It was fun and tasty. They had chocolat martinis and many specialty deserts to go with them. and, a good time was had by all. Serveral peopple there made very nice comments about each of our artworks on display there. March I am expected to be the Featured Artist there...so I have sarted framing up some new works to take down there at the end of the month and will change out some of what is there currently with some existing works that I haven't shown there as well. We had art teacher Don Collins and his wife Heidi over for dinner Friday night and anongst other things they really like one of my pieces that I have titled Angel Wings...though they saw something quite different in the photo and that was equally vallid.



No comments:

Post a Comment