Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl party and Peri Nymph

Well, like everyone else in America, we went to a Superbowl party yesterday. It was plenty-o-fun. While I was there, though, I di dbreak out one of my cameras, and attempted to get some good glass/prism magic down. I took about 50 photos. A couple of which are promising. One which I was particularly delighted with, I have titled "Peri-Nymph". Yes, that's Peri not fairy. All know what a nymph is so I won't explain that. But, a Peri, is a particular kind of fairy or nymph that is is often said to be wicked as they are derived from fallen angels in ancient Persian folklore or mythology. As you look at this photo, you can see that wicked litle face in the upper center of the photo and it's spindly arms and legs dangling down through the center showing through it's gosemer like form or attire.



No comments:

Post a Comment