Friday, April 8, 2011

Two Buck Chuck No More - at Second Saturday

Well, it’s been a busy week again for art. Martha is not here, but the art goes on.  I set up an amazon.com sellers account for the Two Rivers Gallery and listed an art book for them there, set up an email address for a fellow artist who ‘doesn’t do computer’, began designing some marketing materials and developing a mailing list for potential art buyers, blogged several times for the Wenatchee World Arts in the Valley and Beyond blog and somehow found time to do some work with my own photos. I’m still having some trouble getting the digital art piece titled “It Came Out of the Sky” just right.  During the week I visited the local artist who doesn’t do computers a couple of times. One time I met a women there that has also tried to help him with computer stuff. She and her husband are retired IBM techs’. She seemed to think the answer for him is an IPAD and ‘the cloud’. I may have to learn about that stuff myself.  On another day he gave me a url address to what he said was a UTUBE video of him. As it was it was a fairly well developed web page with an online gallery that yet another fellow traveler set up for him. It had a couple of pages of his ceramic art with prices (which were too low especially in that it stated that shipping was included in the price). Besides the fact that he would never know if someone were trying to buy something from the site, the shipping would kill any possibility of profit.  He gave me the phone number of the PhD. person (someone who worked in the shop for him as a teenager years ago and who wanted like me to help him out) who set it up for him so I can coordinate with him to try to make the site a viable place to sell his work and actually make some money at it. I haven’t called him yet….been way too busy.
Yesterday I attended the Two Rivers Gallery Board meeting and we worked for over three hours on all kinds of stuff… planning, planning, planning… I ended up on a new committee to put together a plan for a plein-air paint-out to be part of the ribbon cutting celebration for the soon to be Saddelrock Park up in the hills above Wenatchee.  I won’t go into all the other stuff we worked on here… it was enough spending time on all that last night.  One thing I found out though was that Martha has been selected by the City of Wenatchee to paint a mural in the south end of town on one of the big electrical boxes that artists have been sought after to submit applications to paint as part a beautification project for the city. And, she'll get paid to do it whohoo! When I told her about it this morning on the phone (she’s in Texas visiting grand kids there) she shared that over the phone she also got confirmation of a paid project to do art with kids this summer through I believe it was Catholic Family and Child Services.  Everyone at the board meeting was pleased with what I’ve been doing with the blog. We talked about the blog about the most recent First Friday especially. Prior to the board meeting I saw the new show at the Robert Graves Gallery…I liked it and the artist Scott Allen. Very  enjoyable.
Tomorrow night is an awards ceremony at the museum where Ruth Allan another Artist and Board member of TRG will get a “living Treasure” award.  Congratulations Ruth, you deserve it. I’d like to go and celebrated her success and take pictures for the blog, but I am committed to Second Saturday at the Cashmere Arts and Activity Center, where I am still the featured artist until the end of April. There, we are expecting to have wine donated by some local wineries which should make that a special treat…no more Two Buck Chuck at the Second Saturday events yippy!







No comments:

Post a Comment